Sunday, March 8, 2009

I haven't been blogging that much lately.  Not because there has been nothing to blog about, quite the contrary.  It's just that I haven't felt in the mood to make the effort.  But sitting here at home on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, messing around on the web, going from page to page and finally ending up on my own, I decided to post something. 

Last night KU won their 5th straight Big 12 title.


This comes as a huge surprise to me.  Still not having gotten over the fact that they won it all last year, my expectation of this years squad were extremely low. I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't even make the tournament.  Then they started playing well and beating some respectable teams.  My hopes were high again.  So high that when they would lose, it would crush my spirit.  Make me forget about how bad they were "suppose" to be this year.  The humiliating lose to Texas Tech actually wasn't that bad.  That's they way this team should have been playing all year.  

This team is unlike any I have seen in the past.  They have won games they should have.  They have turned the ball over 30 times and still found ways to either win or lose by a couple of points.  They are sloppy.  They are poised.  They are young and inexperienced.  They are unpredictable.  I like where they stand at the moment, being a #1 seed in the Big 12 tournament.  Who cares if they win it?  Who cares where they will be seeded in the national tournament?  I don't expect them to win it all.  And I hope nobody else does.  Especially those they're up against.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. A loss to Baylor in their first game of the Big 12 tournament? I can't just chalk that up to the fact that this team wasn't supposed to do much this year. By this time in the season, you have experience. They have to figure out how to hit their open shots, or realize that the outside shot isn't falling and adjust accordingly. It was just a crapload of chucking up 3's and little to no effort on the boards. That's not inexperience, that's laziness and unpreparedness.