Saturday, October 24, 2009

Heeeeeeeey Yoooooou Guuuuuuuuuys!

For our family movie night last night we watched The Goonies. I bought it on dvd at the mall for like $3. Both Lisa and I thought Collin would enjoy it. As it was starting, we both realized that we were only one year older than Collin when that movie came out. He loved it.

The dvd came with only a few cool special features, including deleted scenes. One of the deleted scenes answered an almost lifelong question of mine. At the end of the movie when the Goonies are answering a reporter's questions, they mention escaping an octopus. Even as a kid this confused me because, well, they DIDN'T escape an octopus.

Here is the deleted scene.


Now it all makes sense. Except that if they cut this from the movie, shouldn't they have cut the line about them escaping it?

What if they would have kept this scene in? I mean, the movie is all fantasy anyway. But a breakdancing octopus? Come on Spielberg.

3 comments:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Oh, sweet irony. Last night, I caught the end of this movie on ABC Family and my aunt remarked how she wondered if they would cut out the octopus scene to which I replied, "Huhwah?!" I would have to agree, if they were going to cut an awful scene, why not cut the line that references it?

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

I love that Data yells, "giant sushi!"

I thought this movie was the greatest. I was 13 when it came out. I remember coming home and after my dad asked how the movie was I gave him a 45 minute recap. He was very patient.

JJSKCK said...

Kim finally saw the movie on ABC Family as well, probably the same viewing that Pete saw.

That octopus scene is Jar-Jar Binks caliber STUPID.

I mean, STUPID. If I could erase it from memory, I would.

And Andy had some legs on her, huh?