Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High Neighbor!

I have put off blogging about this because I have been waiting for more information to develop. But it has been a week now and nothing new has surfaced.

Last Wednesday I was here, upstairs on the computer, when I looked out the window and noticed these two large pick-up trucks in front of my neighbor's house. I didn't think much about it, even when this large bald guy got out of one of the trucks and started taking pictures of the house. I thought to myself, "Maybe Fred and Barney (that's what we'll call them today) are thinking about selling their house or something. That's why that guy is taking photos."

When I came downstairs I noticed a Missouri Highway Patrol car parked in front of our house. Then, as I got closer to the window, i noticed another one parked in my neighbor's driveway. Neither Fred nor Barney's cars where there so they must have been at work. Aside from the four strange cars there, they people that drove them were nowhere to be seen. I called Lisa to ask her opinion as to why Highway Patrol would be out there and not regular police officers. Right then a couple of guys with State Trooper vests came out of the house and started taking "things" to the back of their trucks. At first glance through the blinds I thought it was computer stuff.

As I was relaying to Lisa what was happening, I saw that our neighbor across the street was in her doorway watching as well. I quickly waved and gave her a shoulder shrug, then she came out of her home and crossed the street. She said she had been watching for at least an hour. When all the cars arrived they spent at least 30 minutes at the front door. After a while, a couple of cops went around back. Then after about 10 minutes, one of the cops opened the front door from the inside and let everyone else in. She also said she go a good look at what was being taken out of the house: Lamps, extension cords, and things in big bags. Looks like our neighbors have been growing the wacky tobacky.

I left about 10 minutes later to go play frisbee golf. When I got back a couple of hours later, everything seemed back to normal. That night I noticed Fred get home. Barney on the other hand, I have not seen him nor his car since. I haven't talked to Fred yet, though I want to. We have always gotten along. Both he and his brother and extremely nice people. Usually we see each other as one of us is leaving or vice versa, but not recently. Though I notice that Fred still seems to be going about his life as if nothing strange had happened. I am not going to force the issue. But I am still very curious as to what had happened to his brother.

3 comments:

Bill said...

I had a neighbor at my old house that flat out got raided by a swat team. Turns out her was running a little meth lab right there across from our alma mater. I was also morbidly fascinated and had to watch it all!

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

I heard of a raid on a meth lab on the news this morning and I wondered if it was your neighbor. Wish I could remember where they said it was.

Inky Neverwhere said...

Such a shame to find out something like that when it's too late to put the information to good use!