Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Due to Improv Thunderdome this weekend, I was unable to go down to Lisa's aunt's lakehouse.  What I missed was this...


Collin literally swimming in the lake water.

I know it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal, but the last time we went down to the lake Collin didn't even want to get in the water, let alone touch it.  He spent most of his time playing on this inflatable island that was attached by a long rope to the dock .  He wouldn't even let anybody hold him in the water while they drifted him over to this giant floating moonwalk.  Someone would have to push it over to the dock so he could just jump on.  

Don't get me wrong, he likes water.  Loves the pool.  The lake however is deep and he can't swim.  So you can imagine my amazement when Lisa came home and showed me the picture.  What is even more amazing, is that he is scheduled for his first swimming lesson at the YMCA tonight.  

I think he was somewhat preparing for it.

3 comments:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

"Collin literally swimming in the lake water."

I don't know why, but that statement just floors me.

Sonic Nurse said...

with every little wave, dog paddle and splash, i reminded Collin how proud his daddy would be to see him in the water...

... he's officially one of us, floating with an anchored boat throwing tennis balls and making jokes...

... the only thing missing on this trip was you : )

Julie said...

Yay! Good for him! Before you know it, he'll be doing cannonballs off the dock.

Tell him his auntie and cousins are proud of him.