Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Drive By.

Last night was Halloween. Collin the train engineer took two trips out and got lots of candy. Here are just a few photos.




It was a blast, and I think it is just as fun to walk around from house to house with your child as it was back when I was the one doing the trick or treating.

Now here's what I don't get.  I'd say about 90% of the people out last night were actually driving their kids around.  Not dropping them off at the end of the block and then picking them up after they hit each house.  They were literally pulling up to a decorated house, letting them out, and then they would get back in the car once they got their candy and drive to the next house.  If they weren't doing that, they were following their kids, in their car, from house to house.  Am I crazy for thinking this is odd?  Isn't half the fun of Halloween actually getting out and WALKING?  

Sheesh.

Maybe they are just overprotecting parents.  Maybe they are just lazy.  But something about seeing  this almost took the fun out of what we were doing.  I almost got into an altercation because I was "strangely" looking at one of these cars as they drove by.  Mainly in part because they were driving faster than a car should on a night where there are lots of little cars darting into the street.
"You gotta problem?'

"No, I'm doing just fine."

"Well, you were looking at me."

"Yes, yes I was."

Anyway, I figured that these people problem hit every single house in the entire metro area.  Being directed by there parents as to where to go to next.  They probably even hit up the homeless shelters.  Just another typical backseat Halloween for those kids. 

And yes, I'll say it, the majority of these parents were morbidly obese.  I'm surprised they didn't yell from the driver seat as their kids reached the doorsteps, "MORE CANDY!!!!  FEED ME!!!!"

Very Scary.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween.

No comments: