Monday, April 27, 2009

So THAT'S What Big Brothers Are For.

I'm old enough to admit it now, I wanna be just like my brother, Derek.  Although I am smarter, funnier and better looking, he leads in age, height and weight. We're about even on facial hair.

All kidding aside, he has done something recently that I am extremely impressed with and am going to attempt to copy - giving up soda pop for good.  Derek is going on 14 months now and talks about the effects it has had on him at his blog These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty

I've talked about my teeth before.  I get worried about them from time to time.  The best thing I can do is (Yes, Yes, go to the dentist.  I know!) quit with the soda, which I drink a ton of.  A ton is kind of an exaggeration.  I don't even drink much at home. It's those restaurants!!!  They get me with those "free refills" every time.  I suck'em down one after another like its a natural reflex or something.  Gotta stop.

Anyway, I haven't had a soda since Thursday.  Not quite a week.  Not quite 14 months. Baby steps.

6 comments:

Scot said...

You can do it Jared! I, on the other hand, would be happy just to get down to a litter a day instead of two. I shall look to you for inspiration. But, you know no pressure or anything.

Sonic Nurse said...

teeth... and not to mention the late night burping! good lord the BURRRR-PINNNNNNNNNNG!

anyway, darling... you'll feel a lot better : )

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Go Jared! While I haven't been able to cut it out completely, I don't drink it at home and I only have one a day (if that) at lunch. I have found that my water consumption, however, has gone through the roof.

Sonic Nurse said...

A 'Litter'?? he said... 'A litter'. hmmm perhaps you need to re-evaluate this Scot person due to questionable behavior towards animals.... hee hee

Scot said...

Lisa, have you ever tried puppy'n'kitten stew? Delectable!
I'm just saying.

Derek said...

I'm famous!! Woo hoo!

You can do it, once you get past the first couple of weeks it's easy!

Don't worry about the late night burping, it won't go away as long as you eat beef sticks. Now that's an aroma that EVERYONE can enjoy!