Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Fun To Stay At The...


So, Lisa and I joined the local Y.  We've gone three weeks in a row now and it is a lot of fun.  There is a television built in to every single piece of workout equipment.  If there is one thing I've learned about exercising, it's that it is a lot easier when your mind isn't focused on it.  I actually spent twenty minutes on the bike just by watching the scores run across the bottom of ESPN. Fantastic!!!

My personal goal, to make it off the basketball court without my face looking like a tomato.  I haven't hit the court yet, but it's calling my name.  I am going to give myself at least one more month of treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights, and stomach crunches before I impress the locals with my sky hook.

Look out!!!

4 comments:

Scot said...

Good for you guys! I get to go to the gym at my work for free, but if I had to pay I would definitely go to the Y. I'm assuming it's the Cleaver one on Troost you're going to. A few years back I got to go there for free for several weeks while the Penn Valley gym was shut down. I liked it quite a bit.The atmosphere, machines, and people were all very conducive to an enjoyable work out. I was kind of sad when the PV gym opened and I had to start going back there.
And whenever you feel like shooting hoops let me know. I always get a hankering in the Spring to do some sports-like activities, even with my very, very modest skills.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Go Jared, GO! I need to do the same and I'm finding it hard to make the time to squeeze it in.

Julie said...

The tomato face comment. Do you mean, red face, or round face? Or both?

I get the tomato face (red) whenever I break a sweat. It's always happened, since I can remember. Even back when I was "fit". People would stare at me, "Are you all right?" It's genetic. I don't think it goes away, no matter what shape you're in.

If you're talking tomato face, round, then the question is moot.

I've been running lately too. Maybe by the summer we will all be sexy beasts. Keep it up!

Caroline said...

Good luck. I recommend the free classes at the Y. I don't see you in a Zumba dance class or anything, but the Spinning classes really get your pulse up.