Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yes, Yes, He'll Learn To Surrender. I Get It.

After his summer vacation, Collin will be attending Kindergarten at Academie Lafayette.  It is a French immersion school and he will be taught nothing but French from grades kindergarten through second. When I say taught, I mean the teachers will speak nothing but French until he hits third grade.  Lisa has nine years experience in French and even spent some time over there during high school.  I do a killer Inspector Clouseau impression.  So we'll have no problem helping him with his homework.

All joking aside, I am very excited for Collin and this opportunity. We have heard nothing but great things from people who have either sent their kids there or have friends who have kids there now.  We all went in on Thursday for a "Parent's Questions" meeting and for Collin to get evaluated.  We met a small majority of the staff and got to see a the school in action.  It was great.

To top things off, even though it's not that important, the school itself has kind of a Rushmore feel to it.  We'll have to keep an eye on Collin's extracurricular activities.   

2 comments:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Bon chance Collin! Bisez les petite filles, faire les pleurer.

Caroline said...

I always drive by that school and wondered about it. I thought it was private. Good to know there are charter school options out there when I do the kid thing.

I have a cousin who attends a French school. He's mastered the language and he's only nine (it probably helps that his dad is a native Frenchie). Plus they taught him a lot about manners and ettiquette.