Friday, August 15, 2008

Tool Time and Time Again

I think the greatest thing about being a first-time home owner is when something needs fixing there is a sudden urge to do-it-yourself. The easy way out is to call a professional.  But why not give it a shot? Since moving in I have accomplished these three major tasks: fixed a leaky toilet, replaced electrical cords on the washing machine, and most recently (but not finished) installed a new faucet in the kitchen. I'm going to install one in the bathroom too, but I am one wrench size too small, so I've got to wait.

All of these chores have been frustrating and time consuming.  But finishing the job is the ultimately satisfying.  And most importantly, $0 has gone towards manual labor.  Take that "The Man"!!!!

2 comments:

Randman said...

Having just replaced a kitchen faucet myself, I salute you!

Toliets aren't that bad (unless you have to pull it and replace the wax ring . . .nasty!).

The worst I've had to do was working in the fuse panel to replace a bad GFI circuit breaker. That scared the $#!T out of me.

Jared Brustad said...

I did have to replace the wax ring.

It was sticky. It was smelly. It was nasty.

And it's over and done with.