Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lawn Jockey III

Okay, two weeks ago yesterday I planted the seeds for new grass, and I haven't mowed my lawn since. The new grass is growing in nicely, but not everywhere. Sure, the great big patch of dirt surrounding the tree is covered, but there are still some areas that I clearly missed with the seeds. I can not allow myself to focus of that though. We have new grass!!

Because of my lack of knowledge or knowhow about new grass, I have refrained from mowing it just yet. It's very easy to pick out the new grass from the old. Besides the bright green color, the new grass looks about three inches shorter than the old. Probably not that noticeable to someone driving by, but I notice it while I'm sitting there staring at it, wondering when I should start mowing. I'm also putting it off because I think I've been cutting it too short. When I worked at the L'Arche house with "the boys" I always had to mow the yard, which was on a corner street so it had much more yard than most houses. I cut that sucker as low as I possibly could just to give myself time in between mows. That must have stuck in my mindset.

Anywho, I can't wait to start mowing again.

1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Feel free to come over... I'm sure Rob would appreciate the break.