Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Manscaping

This face here...


is going to get a makeover.

A local magazine asked if I wouldn't mind participating in something they are calling "manscaping." They were looking for a couple of local guys that look like they could use a good cleaning up. So on Thursday I get to go to a salon and let them have at it. I'm not really sure what all they are going to do. I know I'll get a shave. Possibly a shampoo and a haircut. But other than that, what else could there be? Waxing? Facial? Manicure? I doubt it.

This should be pretty fun. I change my appearance at least once a month, so this won't be too drastic. Unless I come out looking like this...


Yowzer!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I can't wait to see the results!

I'm trying to figure out what is over your right shoulder. Looks like a reflection of light, but has a distinct shape. What the heck is it?

Jared Brustad said...

It's a dresser, with crap on top of it.

Jared Brustad said...

Trish, you comment got lost. You said...

"Was this a consolation prize for not getting best performing troupe?"

You're thinking of a different magazine.

Caroline said...

I hear "manscaping" and I can only think of "Man-O-Lantern".

Derek said...

Well now you have to meet us at Strouds on Thursday night when we arrive so we can get a look at you, cutie!
I'm sure you'll look man-tastic!

Scot said...

I bet they're going with highlights and a herbal-deep pore cleansing nourisher and rejuvenator. Not that you need any of it you beautiful man!

You'll so be talking about 'product' after you're done.

Jared Brustad said...

I just read the article where they were looking for submissions.

"Do you know someone who makes Jack Black look well-groomed?

Send us his scraggliest photos, and we’ll decide if he’s man enough for our manscaping cover story."


Now, I don't think I'm that bad. Should I be offended?