Thursday, July 3, 2008

Manscaped!

Well, it's over and done with. Now I am smooth like a baby seal.

The magic all took place at a men's salon called Sole Patch in Prairie Village. It is owned by this guy here, Ron.


Turns out Ron was on this season's Bachelorette. He didn't make it to the final two, but he did cut my hair. Nice guy.

I received a hair cut, side burn, goatee & eye brow trim, a hot towel shave, moisturizer and style!!! When I first sat down in Ron's chair, he told me that my current "style" makes my face round, which is good on woman, not on men. He also said something about my cheekbones, but at that moment I blushed and stopped paying attention to him.

Before and after pictures were taken. I was told that me and this other guy were considered the "tamest" of the bunch as far as grooming goes. They said they needed a nice variety. Perhaps I had the wildest goatee, but everyone else looked like wookies.

This story will be in the Ink sometime in August.

Now it's time for my manicure.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well? Picture of you?

Unknown said...

Also, I have serious doubts that round-faced-ness is good on "woman."

I don't trust your groomer. Too much eyebrow waxing? Shouldn't guys be a liiiiiittle rough around the edges? Otherwise, what are girls for?

Jared Brustad said...

I didn't take any pictures. But they sure did.

Unknown said...

Not even with a camera phone? Lame. Take one now.

Also, "smooth like a baby seal"?

1. Baby seals are fuzzy.
2. Did you get a Brazilian?