Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My New Year's Resolution?

Play more foosball.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ten years ago my friend Tim Lemke and I purchased a foosball table for our new apartment.  Since we were all taught to play by someone who learned from juvenile hall's best, the table was a bright spot in a rather dingy, sometimes disgusting apartment.  Whether it was a settler of bets & wagers, a decider of who was going to do the dishes, or just an area to get drunk and have fun, that table was like an extra roommate we all loved.  

I moved out five years ago, and Tim just recently got a new place. So now, the Dynamo Striker is at home in my basement, awaiting to be re-assembled and fed.

Foosball anyone?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tim moving out of that place seems like the end of an era. Was it a wistful moment for you, or has it become such a pit that it was good to get out?

Jared Brustad said...

Well, the place definitely looked lived in. I think we're all happier now.

I do miss the can-man.

Derek said...

I used to have one of those Bubble Hockey games, and that was pretty much the same thing as your foosball table. It followed me from my first apartment to my second, to my friend Joe's, and finally when I moved into my house. I sold it though shortly after I moved into the house (for a $600 profit, thank you very much).
I want to get a pinball machine, but the one I want is a classic and a collectors item I guess, which sucks. I used to play it all the time when Mom and Dad bowled at College Lanes every Friday night.

Jared Brustad said...

Was it the Quit talkin' and start chalkin' pinball machine??

Derek said...

Yep, that's the one. Eight Ball Deluxe it's called.